View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:49 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: A call to arms - Windows 7 phone succeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
Wow, It will surpass RIM in Apps by the end of the year if not sooner. Rim will be relatively easy to beat in phones. In fact all of the articles about this phone say that the first phone to lose market share to the Windows Phone 7 will be RIM. Doesn't mean Microsoft will surpass them but I believe it will be in short order. It may never beat the iPhone but Android I might make the bet. Android is very popular as was the old Microsoft phone. With a fractured handset across mobile companies, developers will begin developing for the phone rather than a platform. Microsoft learned that lesson the hard way. Can they beat the iphone? I think it is possible but they will have to get a few things done right. Marketing at this point is just as important as the product. Microsoft needs working phones in the stores. They need Microsoft employees to show off the phone. We need to show off the phone. When I show people the phone the response is usually...Wow, didn't realize how amazing this phone actually is. Of course that is probably a long time out.

I'll say it again, we have to keep on emailing companies that do not have apps on the Windows phone 7. I do it all the time. They are not demanding messages. I gently explain why I believe they should consider developing apps for this phone.
Its going to be tough for WP7 to beat Android...thing about Android is that its cheaper for manufacturers to make Android phones then WP7 phones as Android is open source..this makes it cheaper for manufacturers to choose Android over WP7 with the same hardware..so unless WP7 completely dominates sales manufacturers will push Android to consumers more then WP7..

Same for carriers..they have more control in Android to load up their stuff...such as making VZnavigator default and etc..while this is annoying for us this gives carriers more incentive to push Android...

Also..there really is no fracturing..most apps work on all phones..the reason why apps start to have issues is when developers go outside the API and start using native code (which wp7 does not allow in the first place)..by using native code it gives performance improvements and etc..Google plans to improve on this of course..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.