View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Gremlin75
N00b

Gremlin75 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/28/11 New Kernel (Caps/FN LEDs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hey kiddos.

WisTilt2 wanted to get some more testers for this kernel, so please download and put it thru the ringer!

UPDATE 1/28/11

In this newest test kernel, he's been working on fixing the touch to wake issue, caps/FN lights, in addition to proper panel init/deinit and with it improved battery life - this correct panel collapse comes with the usual RHOD100/AUO panel caveat - it probably won't work for you guys! Sorry!

This is RHOD ONLY! Please, don't ask if any other devices will work as currently it probably will not! Use at your own risk!

Enjoy! Please feel free to report how this kernel works, so we can get the changes committed!
Regarding the CAPS Lock/Fn Lock lights, I can (happily) report the same results on my RHOD 500 - lights illuminate when they should, and stay on. The only problem is the (already noted) issue where if you press the button three times (or just once after you've been in CAPS Lock or Fn Lock), the light does not extinguish until another key is pressed.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem with the screen after the phone sleeps - it will not wake until it is touched, and if it's not unlocked (I have the pattern lock on) within a few seconds, it goes back to sleep. The issue with the brightness setting being reduced after sleep is also still present.