View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Parasurfer1979
PPCGeeks Regular

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: 1-25-11-Updated CE ROMs★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
im right there with you. a few users have probs w/ 1 build then on others all is fine. i flashed 29007 via straitup report of speed but not b/c i had battery drain, granted its only been 1 day im opposite from his batt stats basically his stats on 29007 is what i had on final v3 (build #?) and versus. my theory still stands...each device has hardware differences (even thou its the same device, not every device is the same) and carriers also get there hands on it. so it all could come to play. the same goes for sum have issues w/ nuebatt and others dont and sum can overclock high and others cant, the blame goes to the device (or user) maybe you could say some got lucky w/ the internal parts and others got shafted

this is a whole different problem, only a rare few have reported this (and none seemed to be regulars?) either you are 1 that got shafted or its user error. sharkie builds w/ different wm builds flash all find the 1 that plays well w/ your device. like i said above my results and straitup results are complete opposite...and like sharkie said it is wat it is

i hope you didnt include me as being not the only 1? cause all i got was drain and i can flash final v3 and have great battery.

"all were asking from you" is completely wrong (on so many levels) and not what this is about. you are getting it all wrong and let me help you w/ that (or others than may fall into the same actions/ thoughts) w/ the above quotes it sounds as if you paid sharkie for the rom? or expecting him to do something b/c you are using his rom. it doesnt work that way. he does this for him and decided to share. and thats that. use it or dont but dont expect anything b/c of it. or you can go bout it different... i dont ever ask him to do anything or change anything cause thats all i ask of him. no, i report bugs/issues just so if he wasnt aware then he would know bout it and if he finds a fix then there you go. if he cant confirm the bug then you should then know its user or device. i suggest things or throw them out there, maybe he didnt see this or that and maybe he likes it or not but its not a big deal cuz it doesnt mean you can use it after the flash. i try and give feedback of my findings/usage in the hope im helping him on his path for his rom that he is sharing for me/us to use. its my little way of giving back since im not gonna build roms, i like this 1 so ill help when i can, but not bug bug this when you gonna fix this. even wording differently is better...have you had a chance to look into this bug?
this goes the same for all chefs, imo

edit: @ dave also check out cht scheduler for a permanent data disable among other stuff
Ok... I'll put back to stock when i get my contacts transferred over to my EVO that arrived yesterday I'm glad i just learned my lesson about these roms. A "LOT" indeed.

Good luck to you all...