View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM
fishingmedic
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
fish, it's very simple. Those were left there as intended. Just extract, copy to your SD card, and boot as is (I mentioned that in the first section), it will boot with the 1253 kernel, which is the latest stable kernel (no camera). Do your normal setup (you don't need to touch the APN settings for Sprint, it's already there, I tweaked them to prevent the sluggishness and FCs).

If you want to use the camera capability, follow the directions in the second section (UPDATE bold part) to rename the STARTUP.TXT and froyo.user.conf files and you will boot up with viruscrazy latest camera kernel/library. That's it.

Don't worry, they can both reside in the same folder. That the reason I have 2 STARTUP.TXT files, one for the 1253 kernel (just references zImage) and one for the camera kernel (which references zImage.camera). Like I say, just do the steps in the first set of instructions with the andboot.frx04 folder as is to get stuff going; then if you want to use the camera, follow the renaming steps in the second section to swap to the camera kernel.
Thanks much bud, that's what I assumed knowing how thorough you are with your stuff, so that's exactly what I did. It was a little sluggish which is why I asked, but I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks again for putting it together (Seeing I haven't a clue how to do that stuff!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Holy cow. If you fixed the system_server issue because of an incorrect APN... that's amazing.

I need to test this, but of course my work won't let me click on that multiupload link... oy. Stupid proxy, need to find a good way around it!
Want me to upload it to dropbox?