View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue users left....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
...over 200,000 apps android.. theres about 60+music players...
Hey thanks b+t for trying to help me think outside the box. You were very helpful in that regard once before:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post2016088

But PP, Vogue, and myself are a combination that's working too well. Consider, for example, this weekend's Superbowl, and suppose the Steelers were offered 60+ quarterbacks, some for free. Should they replace Big Ben Roethlisberger? Enough of that. Consider instead that PP provides true gapless playback, i.e. absolutely zero dead air between tracks. Combine this with the fact that I've individually ripped thousands of songs, one by one, cleaning the start and ending of each with a fraction of a second's worth of fade in and/or fade out, where ever needed, before compressing to MP3. And then afterwards, used MP3TrimPro to remove zero (silent) frames from each end of each MP3. I really really want no dead air between songs, but that's only 1 thing I'm picky about. Another is the UI. Another is my singles oriented mindset for the song library database, and there are other reasons PP can't be beat. Furthermore, besides music playback, I need to download HTML files from my Web server mobily, then edit, and FTP them back to the server. Within these files are Excel tables and graphs, as well as graphs that need to be plotted pixel by pixel. Total Commander, Mobile Excel, and PaintWM do what I need. Closest Android tools (AnFTP and Docs togo) do not come close enough, though it's been awhile since I last checked - sorta have given up, as Android is growing in other directions from what I want and need.

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 01-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.