View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
colonel
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Colonel's Custom 3.3 Rom

Well, since there is no football this weekend, I guess I will give you guys something else to do.

First, thanks to Helmi_c for giving us this rom. Thanks to Mike for giving us the tools and instructions to edit roms. Also, thanks to Faria at xda for helping me with .NET CF 2.0.

So, here is what you get:

Total Commander
Dict Editor
removed Voice dialer and reg entries and links
removed T9 foreign languages
fixed smartdialer reg entry
fix pic&video app hang (Swap dll names)
insert flashlight
Sonny and Greatnate's regedits
Change AKU number
Added Crossbow .tsk and sounds
Added buzzer
disabled SMS sent notification
GRPS timer and disconnect button
disable animations
Change PIE Homepage
increase ring volume
Insert TCPMP
insert O2 Plus
Change theme to Crossbow (was not able to get it to boot to this theme on initial hard reset)
Fix Phone app buttons
insert Green theme
Install .NET CF 2.0 (Extra special thanks to Faria at xda-developers.com for helping with this one.)
insert OnLock (Thanks JKingGrim)
insert ppc-6700 (Thanks Blade2032)
insert task Manager
Insert Live Search
Add Mark all as read and Delete all to messaging (think I am missing a reg entry so its not working right now)
Add Save as First Last in contacts

Note: The MMS, BT Dun\Pan, and SD .dll issues have not been addressed yet in this rom since I am still awaiting definite answers to these issues.

Note: This boots up with O2 Plus activated. I have found this useful as an app launcher and profile switcher. Those who do not want it can unchoose the options in the Today settings. The 6700 app can be used to remove the icons at the bottom of the screen for anyone who does not like them there.

As with the 3.3 rom, I suggest hard resetting before upgrading.
Put the phone in Bootloader Mode
Run the upgrade utility
Hard reset once the upgrade is complete

Have fun.

Remember, this is just a beta release so issues will be fixed. I just wanted to get it out there since I was able to get .Net 2.0 in it.

If you have issues installing, please refer to the Helmi_cAKU3.3 thread. There are instructions there for anyone who gets stuck in bootloader mode.

This is packaged with a Sprint NoJunk ExtRom. Also, disregard when it says something about WideAwake's Custom 2.2. During the upgrade it should say something about Colonels 3.3 and Sprint NoJunk. This is how you will know you are installing the correct rom.

If you do not want the Sprint ExtRom, use Winrar to extract the installer to a folder. In that folder, remove the ms.nbf file. Then double click on the MaUpgrade utility. During the process it should show you that you are only installing a Rom.

More improvements to come in the future. Please post any problems, issues, bugs, suggestions here so they may be addressed. Thanks

Oh yeah, guess you need this

http://rapidshare.com/files/13553267...ustom.rar.html

Oh, and as a note, after a base install of this and the Sprint NoJunk Extrom, I have 34MB left in Storage Memory.

Known Issues
-Apparantly there are lockups in IE, this is very random. Happened once to me while clicking on a link in an email. Switched to IE then froze.
-Still some BT issues[/code]

Verizon ExtRom now attached as a ms.nbf file in the zip. Put this in the extracted upgrade utility folder in place of the one that is there. It should tell you VerizonExtRom while runnin the utility.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13724486/ms_.zip.html

Beta 2 now available

Additions:
Htc Task Manager (X button app)
Null keyboard
SIP Changer
ClearTemp
SmartsKey
acbPowerMeter
Updated TcPMP to .72RC1
Pocket RAR
UPX4PPC
Pocket Xpdf
batti
psShutXP
updated OnLock
fixed lock all buttons setting
fixed Mark all as read issue
Page Pool increased
Some other fixes, upgrades, tweaks I have forgotten about.
And some special goodies I think people will like

Oops Edited Sprint ExtRom to disable SDMemory.dll I packaged the wrong ExtRom so this will have to be done manually.

Here is the installer for Sprint:
http://rapidshare.com/files/14187168...oJunk.zip.html

Verizon
http://rapidshare.com/files/14188564...rizon.zip.html

I do not have ExtRoms for other carriers yet. Hopefully after the site upgrade I will get them loaded. Until then, just use the method above to only install the rom and not the ExtRom.

Now the bad part. On bootup you will see the issue with the top and bottom bars and their colors. Just choose another theme. However, if someone can help me fix this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

BE ADVISED, With the Page Pool set high, Program memory is running a little low. I did not notice this until I actually installed the Extended Rom and have running apps. If this becomes an issue, I will back the setting back down a bit.

Smartdialer is having issues as well for some reason.

Enable smartdialer: HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
change enabled from 0 to 1