View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Boominsvx
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

That seems a little crazy. Sounds like something will get an update in the near future. Chinese? I think I'd throw the phone. lol

Anyway, for those involved in this, I've attached a short logcat showing the sending and recieving process (and a few stragglers) for info. You'll notice things look okay, but she just gives up. Also, the stock apn-config for a Sprint Evo\Hero (one of those, can't remember) has the following settings (if viewed using APN BackupRestore). I've tried restoring this file into my apns, but it still wouldn't switch to the mms apn "Production" for anything but didn't get any change. I still blame the mnc mcc issue of the vanishing apn because if it won't save it, it wont use it.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns>
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="null" />
</apns>

Note the mmsprotocol setting that we dont have in our apn settings. Also, switching MMS.apk will almost always break your current build. I'll try to get an RIL dmesg for this, but it's getting late.

Arrrghhh, I know you'll probably see this later. Think you could include your mms sending and recieving in the ril dmesg log your sending to Wistilt2? Maybe his radio guy can find something.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt (7.0 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Boominsvx; 01-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.