View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Mojary
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
I see, for me it wasn't an SOD but was a crash after tweaking battery settings. Soft reset fixed it. But you know like it's bad to press press the power button on a pc (a hard shut down/ restart) Is it bad to press the reset button on the phone in the same way or is the phone different?

I mean if it happens occasionally, does the phone slow down to the point where I will need a hard reset to make it run normally again? Or is hard reset almost never needed? List me times that a hard reset will be needed other then before adding a custom rom or doing a cleaning of the phone using a software like with goodthings2life.
Soft resetting your phone actually does not harm it. Its actually advisable to soft reset your phone a couple times a week...kinda like a minor house cleaning. Soft reset and hard reset are 2 different things. Hard resetting your phone will clear out your phone and puts it back to factory settings. Doing a hard reset wipes your phone of everything you installed on it after you took it out of the box.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.