View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:46 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Just wipe davlik cache and cache then flash the rom...everything will stay.

Only gets erased if you do a factory wipe

In fact I went from OMJ to Myn and forgot to wipe....got lucky. Came back to OMJ without wiping...lucky again.
True, I always advise as if a full wipe is done as, IMHO, that is the best way to ensure a "clean" install.
If a user runs into issues they will very likely need to do a full wipe and need the apps I mentioned.
There always is the risk of something getting fubared with the flash and you needing a full wipe also.

Like ROM choice, flash method is up to each indvidual user

As long as we are talking about it....

Yankee-
Be sure to do a Nand backup before you flash in case something doesnt go right and then you can jump back to where you began and start over.