View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quiet.... A little too quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
I agree, its dead at XDA too. Nothing new happening, just noobs posting that they messed up their phones. I haven't flashed a new rom in awhile. I might have to start experimenting with a non sense rom just to shake things up. Maybe MIUI or CM.
I would hardly say things are dead at xda, there is plenty of GB development, kernel development, liquid acer ports, meizu ports, and even the good ole Sense ROMs are seeing a little action. I think the thing with the Sense ROMs is that for the most part, they all work very well and flawlessly, and without an update pushed from HTC and/or Sprint, there is little reason to update the ROM builds unless something major comes along like jschi's pull-down widget port...

As far as PPCGEEKS goes, this place was slammin with CDMA WM development, while xda has always been the king of development on GSM, and really, overall. There has always been more app development at xda, as well as ports, patches, kernels, and mods in general. With the fall of WM and rise of Android, xda was just way ahead of the game, being that they were 1.5 years ahead (Android started on GSM), by the time the EVO was released- the phone many people switched to from the TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.