View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:27 AM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i mean your probably right.... but lets think about your statement.... when your area was building 4G, did you Sprint/Clear trucks all over or something??? otherwise some might say EVERY 4G network has been built in secret.... people ask, "whens my area getting 4G?" and then all of the sudden it like a light switch, you now have 4G, but had no clue it was being built under their noses.........isnt that a "secret network upgrade???"
It didn't happen like that...

I saw Clear trucks here and there. Not all over, but I saw them here and there driving around.

But more importantly, Clearwire had been advertising jobs in the area. And anonymous employees were posting on the net when they thought it would be done. And I was also getting spotty 4G coverage here and there for a while before it was officially launched in my area.

I don't think 4G caught anyone totally by surprise if they cared enough to pay attention.

On the contrary, none of that stuff has happened yet for their network modernization project. My 3G speeds are as slow as ever. My indoor coverage is as bad as ever. The coverage holes are all still there too. I haven't seen any Sprint employees claim this was underway (they are all saying this announcement will be a device). Also, a huge part of their network modernization project that you guys are talking about is Sprint turning off iDEN. Those towers (and that spectrum) will be reallocated under their plan. And if iDEN was already getting shut down, it would definitely not be a big secret.