View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Why the F isn't 2.3 available 4 Galaxy since it launched on Samsung Nexus S alrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
The Nexus S is built by Samsung.
It's running the same hardware that the Epic 4G does.
The Epic 4G was released FIVE months ago.
The Evo has had 2.2 available for months and even the Shift just launched with 2.2.

PLEASE tell me that Samsung is skipping right over 2.3 and going to 2.3 for the Epic.

If not, this is COMPLETE BULL$HIT.

And, NO, I don't want to flash, root, or customize my phone.
I spend over $100 a month for service and pay retail prices for phones.
My responsibility should end when I swipe my credit card.

Ok let me clarify so that you understand..

EVO and EVO shift have 2.2..the update we will be getting is 2.2.1 which is NEWER and as far as I know EVO does not have it..YET...

Now as for 2.3..this is where people don't seem to understand...ANDROID IS OPEN SOURCE!

Open source cycles work like this:

Alpha version is released..then nightlys update it..then it goes through Beta, RC1, RC2 and GA..

YOU WILL NEVER SEE GINGERBREAD ON A CONSUMER PHONE UNTIL IT HITS GA!!!

The one that was released on Nexus S is ALPHA quality software and it will receive more and more updates until it reaches GA...

So all the people need to calm down and actually understand the process..not go why arent we getting it just cause its out...Froyo for example, the first device was updated MONTHS after it came out on the Nexus One...even though they were very similar to the N1...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)