View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 AM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: List of issues, any solutions?

Sprint has the rechargable battery pack for the micro usb. $30 on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
My battery life is abysmal compared to my TP2. Then again I looked at my Sprint account and apparently I used 5x the amount of data on the Shift in the first 7 days I owned it compared to the first 7 days of the month while I was still on the TP2.

My theory is twofold. First, I suspect Android is phoning home and sending stuff to places I don't even want to think about. It's probably all in the fine print somewhere. Second, the native news, weather, and stock apps are set to update much more frequently than I'd like. Today I turned them off completely just to see if it makes a difference.

But the biggest driver for me is the screen, according to the "what's using my battery" page. I use brightness at 25%.

Last night at 11pm my battery was at 20-30% (I don't recall the exact number but it was orange in the notification area). With the TP2, same operator usage pattern (meaning stuff I'm doing vs. stuff the phone is doing on its own/in the background) I'd be at 80% at the same time. Maybe 70% if I had a long conference call during the day.

Needless to say I'm looking for a good rechargeable battery pack with a built-in MicroUSB connector, since getting the battery door off this phone is harder than doing my taxes.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!