View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

In a nutshell... whenever you flash a ROM tiny bits of it can be left on the phone, then you flash another on top of that and some traces of it may be left as well, then you flash someone else's ROM and that ROM leaves behind a tiny bit of info. too. Next thing you know you're having these weird issues like the email notification going off non stop, which I've never had on any of my ROMs.

Task29 is like a super cleaner. It wipes the phone totally clean of any traces of previous ROMs/software/registry etc... So that when you install a ROM, you're installing it on a fresh, squeaky clean slate versus on top of bits and pieces of old information.

That's my understanding of it anyway. For this reason, I don't think it's necessary to Task29 if your reflashing the exact same ROM. It's only laying down the exact same information. Unless of course the reason you're reflashing is because something is F'ed up to begin with. In which case, yes, you should Task29 that sucker.

Glad you're diggin' the ROM. Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-19-2011 at 04:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.