View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
ryanwesley
Lurker

ryanwesley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not your typical EVO Issue

Let me start off by apologizing if this comes off as a repeat and if i sound like the noob that i am. I am not in front of my laptop that i spent the past 10 hrs trying to read various websites, including this one, to resolve my issue. Not one solution I have seen yet has resolved it. So here is what happened and what not.

I thought I would totally impress people if I had my EVO custom mod'd and just out right coming off fancy. *rolls eyes* So I sought out looking up the ways of going about it.

I first rooted my EVO the easy way using unrevoked and backed up.. woo hoo that was simple enough.. then i though well hell lets keep going.. so I went to the app store and got ROM Manager.. installed just fine and dandy. I went on to research the most commonly used or stable ROMs and found that CyanogenMod seemed to be the one.. so I downloaded update-cm-6.1.2-Supersonic-signed.zip ... well I started off by going to HBOOT and backing up my EVO.. Installed beautifully!

Ok at this point I am happy as pie.. well then I realize when I try do the Exchange account so I can see my contacts... it wont work.. so I do some research and basically I am directed to install the google HDPI.. so I look up the latest for the EVO 20110115 and downloaded.. went to HBOOT to install and it failed.. so i figured ok just reboot.. no problem.. well it got stuck in the Animation and kept looping.. so I said the hell with this let me just go back to HBOOT and restore my previous backup.. Ended up with Error 7 i believe and didnt work.. tried the one previous to that of my backups and the same thing.. so at this point i figured ok why not just clear cache and what not and try again.. nope.. same thing.. so then i reckon I need to do more research.. well i downloaded the android sdk and usb drivers and the missing files from "Tools" of the SDK.. found a version of the Sprint RUU... (sorry i cant think of the orignial one i tried but not at that laptop right now).. well that was going swimmingly and then it FAILED!!! So basically I have a basic HTC Evo black screen with little icons in each corner..

When I run the "adb devices" it is blank but when I do "fastboot devices" it displays my EVO.. I have removed and reinstalled the drivers and remain with the same issue..

Yes I have tried all ways except that magical one you plan to suggest to me.

Please I implore you for your suggestions and advice Almighty Android Guru!!!