PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root or wait for FROYO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
OK , I didn't mean to confuse you. You are correct in what you just said. The link I posted will take you to the section of the wiki that covers rooting. There you will see the download link for a version of One-Click-Root that will both root your phone AND install Clockwork, so don't worry about it. Go ahead and do whatever you are going to do, and then back everything up. Then when you go into Clockwork to flash a new ROM make sure you run the "Backup"
function there before you flash anything. Its just another means to make sure you don't lose anything.
Okay. So my last (hopefully) question for clarification is:

Will rooting WITH Clockwork erase all of my current data?

I get that Clockwork has its own back up system, and Clockwork is necessary to install custom ROMs. I've got the wiki page pulled up, as well as numerous other threads with links and info. Am downloading the drivers. Got my usb cable. I'm set. I just need the final clarification of which to do, root with or without Clockwork, that will result in an unlocked phone WITHOUT loss of data.

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!