View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root or wait for FROYO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
Grrrr...the confusion returns!

I thought I could do this one-click root just to unlock it to be able to install apps that require a rooted phone, including apps that back up my data. Once I back up my data, THEN I need Clockwork to install custom ROMs (so is Clockwork itself a ROM or not?).

I was all ready to plug up the phone and have at it. Now I gotta wait a little longer to make sure I get this right....
OK , I didn't mean to confuse you. You are correct in what you just said. The link I posted will take you to the section of the wiki that covers rooting. There you will see the download link for a version of One-Click-Root that will both root your phone AND install Clockwork, so don't worry about it. Go ahead and do whatever you are going to do, and then back everything up. Then when you go into Clockwork to flash a new ROM make sure you run the "Backup"
function there before you flash anything. Its just another means to make sure you don't lose anything.