View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM
meltwater
Lurker

meltwater is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[MOD][SENSE2.5TABS] Meltwater Tab Projects

I thought it was about time I used my account on here since, my facebook tab does get mentioned on the forum but without links back to the support thread back on xda.

I have a number of projects which are on going:

[MOD][05Aug10][v1.6][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - v1.6 (+192xPatch)
[MOD][05Aug10][v1.6][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - v1.6 (+192xPatch) - xda-developers
FacebookTab16th.jpg
The FbTab:
Provides basic facebook updates using the built-in HTC facebook engine with some additional extras.

[MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] RSSTab Project - Developer Thread - (23Dec New Build))
[MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] RSSTab Project - Developer Thread - (23Dec New Build)) - xda-developers
360px-RSSFeedTab.jpg
The RSSTab:
This is a new tab which is still in the process of being developed, I am gradually adding new features, but in it's current state I still find it very useful. Currently it is closely linked in with the RSSHub to provide the data.
Personally I feel people under-estimate how useful RSSFeeds are until they start using them! Note, also supports playing of downloaded podcasts too.

[MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] SenseUtil (Tab Control File Editor) - Added Shortcuts
[MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] SenseUtil (Tab Control File Editor) - Added Shortcuts - xda-developers
Tabs(Loaded)Page.Jpg
SenseUtil:
This project is to help mange sense tabs on the device, something which is the main cause of Sense start up problems.
The latest version supports command line shortcuts, which will allow any tab to be added and removed from sense (not just disabled). Which means, you create a cab file which handles placing the tab files and registry items and then run the shortcut to update sense and restart with the tab.
This method of install should be available soon to install both the RSSTab and FbTab, and possibly some of the other tabs too in time.

Please refer to the original threads for manuals, FAQs etc etc.

Warnings etc
Modifying manila means various levels of messing around with the files on the device so, as with most of the mods on here, back-up often and be prepared to screw it up and hard-reset your device. All the changes explained here may or may-not work on your particular device/version of manila or perhaps it's just not going to happen today. However, in most cases problems can be fixed if you ask for some help.
This post has been thanked 2 times.