View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post

The results were:
OC_auto 64 megs free
Winmospeed 70 megs free

I cannot speak to long term stability on winmospeed, but the free ram makes this an easy choice.

Hope this helps someone besides me .
Nice of you to take the time to check on this.

Basically OC_auto has to run a mscr script all the time, so the memory overhead is having to have a copy of the mortscript binary always running, etc. Wimospeed is passive and sets the registry/kernal items it needs to and terminates without leaving anything running.

I've been running wimospeed since it first came out and stopped using OC_auto or OCT15 on a bunch of tp2s with decent results. I almost no SODs after finding the sweet spots for each device. I guess the extra memory is a bonus too.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.