View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
swlaraut
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Since it seems new roms are on there way out, here is a interesting bit of info on O/Cing.

I have alway used the OC_auto method simply because it worked well and I saw no reason to change. This weekend my phone started slugging and I realized that my O/C wasn't working. So I un-installed all the OC_auto stuff and decided to try Winmospeed. It seemed apples to apples until I checked my free ram and saw I had 8 extra megs!

Thinking this must be a fluke , I desided to do an official test. I got out my TP2 with cracked case and this is what I did:

Wipe info>soft reset>install O/C>softreset again>verify O/C working>let stabilize for 15 miniutes>check free ram.

The results were:
OC_auto 64 megs free
Winmospeed 70 megs free

I cannot speak to long term stability on winmospeed, but the free ram makes this an easy choice.

Hope this helps someone besides me .

Last edited by swlaraut; 01-17-2011 at 04:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.