View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Micro USB Cables that actually charge?

I tried my co-workers OEM Droid cable it charges fine (motorola).

It's so hard to find OEM HTC cables. You almost have to buy some accessory from HTC to get an OEM Cable with it. Like Travel Charger, Car kit or something. Same goes for Motorola.

I did find a Motorola travel charger with cable from what appears to be OEM for $6.00 on Amazon (looks identical to what my co worker got with his Droid). But Amazon does not regulate authenticty of any third parties. Could be a yet another clone piece of crap.
Amazon.com: Motorola micro charger includes data cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

I ordered the Monoprice ones. But I'd prefer an OEM HTC Cable. I don't want to have socket issues either down the road. These made in china things are so junky and may compress pins, stretch sockets etc. The monoprice ones do say "2.0 Amp" which I think may solve the charging issue. But I still worry about quality of the fit over the long haul from an .87 cent cable.