View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Well i had a different issue. I couldnt boot anymore. Kernel wouldnt load at all so it wasnt anything specific to usb. Then it turns out my cable wasnt making a good connections o i had to bend it a bit to finally recognise. I remember doing a bunch of tasks via command-line. But i had to do em in wince via serial when the phone was in boot-loader mode. Is this due to the last headset patch you think ?
I didn't get a chance to try the last headset patch. There are three things that I can think of that might have ruined the USB port.

The first is charging dock I use for my phone. I modified an old dock to work, but it's a bit flimsy and could have tweaked something. I doubt this caused it because I've been using it for over a year with no issues.

The second is Android running completely out of battery a few times on NAND. Once you plug in after completely dead, it does that boot loop thing, and I'm wondering if something got messed up there. It's also possible that USB charging for two full days may have done something since I accidentally left my phone at home on the charger one day.

The last possibility is when I was doing haretconsole stuff. I was playing with resume traces for the 3.5mm headset and totally locked up the phone. I guess I could have done some damage with that as well, but I really don't remember if USB worked after that or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
Are you in bootloader mode when you try to plug into computer? That is my only guess. I always flash my phone to a modded ROM after its had android on there. I always keep a RHODIMG.nhb on my SD just in case. I don't know how much more help I can be of though. D=
---

Anyways, I am sorry for my leave of absence, for I was on TDY and am now back home. Was just accepted into the US Air Force Academy, so I'm pretty stoked. =P
I almost always flash from the sdcard, and I have a modded ROM on the card along with the stock ROM. The only time I flash from USB is when I want to Task 29, and the rest of the time, I just rename the files on the sdcard. Sadly, I've tried everything I know how to do, and no dice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.