View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Dialing with Android

I have an update here. On the shift I installed Cyberon Voice Dialer (it was a buck when I bought it a couple days ago). Works perfectly. You have to restart your phone after installing it or it won't find any of your contacts - I think that's one reason people say it doesn't work, since they don't follow the directions.

When you install it and press your BT button, Android offers the choice of Cyberon or the Android voice dialer. You choose Cyberon and click "always choose this option" or whatever to make it the default. Then it brings up a prompt. You say who you want to call and it CONFIRMS. You can say "yes" or "no". Also it will bring up a list, so if you happen to be looking at your screen you can say "first" or "second", etc. to choose the other possibilities in the list.

I don't work for them but I applaud that they were able to do something so stupidly basic that every phone since my Motorola V710 could do flawlessly and the mighty Google can't even get right. Google employees probably sleep in their cubes anyway so they never drive anywhere where they would need handsfree.