View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
psiphi
Halfway to VIP Status

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: eee PC, the Foleo of WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
I installed it with a standard XP installation CD without issues and the drivers are included in the CD that comes with the notebook so it is a smooth installation. I removed some stuff (like languages) after installation with XPLite which is much easier than nlite but nlite and many of the TinyXP versions (Rev 6 and Platinum 2) work well too.

Total installation after installing Office 2003 and some other programs came to 2.2gb so I still have plenty of space in the SSD and I also got a 16GB SDHC card for my documents. For less than 600 I got an UMPC running XP SP3 RC1 with 2GB ram and 20gb storage and a U727 Sprint USB broadband card to top it off. I could only be happier if I Seidio would come with an extended battery for it so I could get 5 hours without recharging.
Have you tried it with Windows PE? I have a copy of the "Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" I put on a bootable USB Stick and combined it with the "Portable Apps" suite, and would love to know if that config would work...