View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: has 2.2 official been released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
any new leak info on when were gonna get Froyo?

Who is really at fault for the delay of froyo is it Samsung or Sprint?

Have the other galaxy S phone in the US receive froyo yet?

ive seen lower end phones get froyo and with rumors of the new Galaxy S2 line coming out are we really gonna still be on Samsungs or Sprints mind about upgrading us or will they do us like they did the Samsung moment?
This article made the most sense to me, it's probably somewhere on here but I had this bookmarked already from before...

What’s the Holdup with Froyo Updates? We’ll explain… | PhoneNews.com

As seen in the other threads I blame Samsung more than the carrier. I say this because NO U.S. carrier has released it yet so what company do they all have in common? If Samsung worked on this earlier we would have had 2.2 before the exploit was found and we'd only be waiting for 2.2.1 instead of not even having Froyo yet which HTC phones have.

Rumor mill says there are a few custom apps that the carriers want to add which is causing conflicts with the OS, but I still blame Samsung because they should be able to fix it on the first try and not the 10th like it seems to be taking. Seriously, how many freakin' leaked version number are floating around out there? Last week it was EA04 or something, is that still the latest even? That doesn't look like they're fixing it efficiently does it? I almost want to say that the SamsungUSA division is to blame more than anyone else since outside of the U.S. they have froyo already. I just don't know for sure if all the updates are made in the same spot or if each country has a development area per country.