View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
gammarho55
PPCGeeks Regular

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please... new to android/ rooting

I hate having to ask newb questions, but i'm finding that with android i'm a newb all over again lol. Was thinking about rooting my evo, but in all my reading i've come across old posts talking about 1-click roots, unrevoked, and so on. i just need to know the easiest way to get rooted... the simpler the better, as i'm not the most computer savvy person. I can hold my own for the most part, but when we start talking about using command lines and such i'm a little lost and i sure as hell don't want to screw up my phone.
With that being said, i have hardware version 0004 and hboot 2.02. i've read some posts saying that unrevoked won't work, but then i've seen some saying its been updated so it should work now. is that the easiest way? I just want to be able to flash the custom roms and improve the battery life on this thing and get my ability to tether back.
Thanks to all those who provide the much needed help for us newbs. we don't say it often enough, but we all appreciate everybody who does.

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.