View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newest Htc Sense On Froyo Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
hey arrrghhh ya when i put it in there it freezes a lot idk if i am doing something wrong. Also after i reboot, when i scroll from page to page stuff gets cut off then it goes back to normal after i am done scrolling. you think maybe cuz i am using the newest rootfs release instead of the one it says to use? o and i kno acl gave his froyo sense to someone did they make any progress I would like to help test if you know the person. I got a rhod for nand and another one for haret testing.
You're a nice fellow, but honestly... nagging us for information isn't going to get you anywhere. We post information as soon as we get it, trust me... We're not going to hold something back, the whole point is to pass it on...

So seriously, ask questions - that's fine. There's nothing wrong with asking a question - especially if it hasn't been asked yet . Asking for updates is pointless, for the reasons I stated above.

On to your question, I'm not sure... I don't use eclair. Haven't touched it since Froyo was released... Sense has always run like a pig for me, and I guess I'd rather have a clean AOSP phone over a cluttered Sense UI phone - but that's just my .02. Obviously a lot of people are interested in running Sense, but the problem with adding the new rootfs onto an old system image, is stinebd made changes to the rootfs that correlated to the system image - so that's probably why you're having issues. I'd assume a newer kernel would be fine tho, so try that - new kernel, old rootfs to match the old system image.

Now this doesn't mean that the rootfs has to match the system image, just that stine made some changes a little while back where the system image had to be updated with the rootfs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.