View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 06:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@ OMJ,

Here's what I don't understand... has Amon_Ra always created a Wimax.img? I have of course made MANY backups and flashed a whole bunch using CWM and it never created a Wimax.img until the 2.6.x version. What is it that everybody is freaking out about? If CWM wasn't creating that .img before how did I not lose 4G? Same for Amon_Ra if it wasn't making that .img until the new release... or was it doing it all along? ... Was the Wimax partition simply left alone until the new releases started backing it up? hmmmm???

I need to get to the bottom of this b/c if Amon_Ra was making it all along (with no problems) and CWM was not but is now (but not making a "good" .img for some reason) then maybe it is time for me to switch to Amon_Ra
I think the people freaking out are the ones that have lost 4g & had to exchange w/ sprint to get it back. I believe I read that the new handsets w/ hboot 2.02 and/or 2.10 had slightly different partitions, which was causing the problem. So this whole wimax issue may only affect the new handsets....I dont know the whole story, just bits & pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post

I kinda thought the same thing. Let me know of you find out that is not the case. I guess now that both are backing it up I assume they are also rewriting it everytime you do a restore and therefore would be a good idea to have a backup of it now like you said below. I saw something the other day about some ppl freaking out over being able to get their "keys" for 4G which were supposed to be specific to each handset... wonder what this is now too?
I think people losing their keys was the main issue....I have backed mine up, and I suggest everyone does the same....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...-oem-roms.html