View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Tinkerbell
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PPC6700: Rom Update? GPS help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicwise View Post
Can someone direct me to the appropriate download location for the approrpiate newer ROM I should without doubt upgrade to?
You can check out the Apache Rom section at ppckitchen.org. We have several wm6.5 roms available over there.
Quote:
Dont know what version of Windows mobile this is? can you tell by my current setting displayed above? i think im currently running windows mobile 5 and want 6? this device can support version 6, right?
No, you need to check out your settings\system\about to find that information. Likely you are running wm5. Yes, the Apache can support up to wm6.5.x
Quote:
lastly, MUST I upgrade to a newer rom? I dont care really except, I want the GPS to work, and I know even when i had the HTC touch I needed a rom update to unlock the GPS, etc... so Im assuming same with this older device. ?
Your Apache does have GPS, but it is available only for emergency services, sorry.