View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
storyr
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoPie
Any update on getting this to work with Wisbar Advance Desktop? I have a WAD virtual page that ONLY has weatherpanel (a full page layout) on it. I added your tool at the top of the page (pixel 0) and set weatherpanel to start at pixel 1, and when I go to that page and D-pad down once, I get a "WPControl" popup error stating "WeatherPanel not found!".

You're probably familiar with WAD, but if not, it's a today screen replacement program. My ACTUAL WM5 today screen has NOTHING on it since item's apparently can't be on both the today screen and WAD at the same time.

I'm guessing that's the problem , and it's due to the requirement to have them both loaded and next to each other in the today screen list. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Version 2.0 will support WAD. It's currently in beta right now. If you'd like to be a tester, PM your email and I'll send you a CAB.

The reason version 1.0 doesn't work in WAD: When WP-Pilot v1.0 searches for the WeatherPanel window, it starts at the "Desktop Window", below which the active Today plugins live. The WAD desktop is a "peer" of the Desktop Window (at the same level) - so WP-Pilot v1.0 can't find it.

I've changed v2.0 to start searching at the topmost window in the system. So now, theoretically, it should find WeatherPanel no matter where it lives.

There's still a requirement that WP-Pilot be "near" WeatherPanel though...