View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G vs. Evo Shift 4G. Which is the phone to get? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
So... to keep track:

EVO Shift 4G:
FM Radio
Better/Faster Processor (can also be overclocked more than Epic)
Newer OS
Better support from both HTC and the Dev community

EPIC 4G:
Better Display and .4" larger
Better video processing

Thanks.
Please keep the info coming.

So far, I'm leaning Evo Shift.
The processor in the Epic is actually better...as for overclocking..

I've seen posts of the 1.7ghz overclocking for 2nd snapdragon but the question is whether its real overclocking or not...The Epic has a potential to be overclocked to 2ghz if need be BUT what was noticed was once you reach over 1.3ghz for example..Android begins to loose track of timing..with clocked to 1.6ghz people had even 3,800 Quadrant scores..but the effect was not real overclocking..for us to achieve the real overclocking the entire kernel needs to be rewritten...which boils down whether the overclocking is real or is it coming at the expense of timing /

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.