View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DREAM PHONE - Mini guide :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Great write man!!!! Def. the wifi router side thats pretty slick! But i thought IPT had a different name!! LOL
Hey, he's alive! Where you been? Gotta get you that VIP, but you haven't been posting much lately... will work on that now that you got rid of the full motion aggravating avatar LOL :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718 View Post
holy crap thats a lot of movement.... i think I'm gonna get another tp2 just to leave at home to tether. thanks for this post. i'm gonna tell crime warner to shove it.
Easy there.. using TW for ISP as well guessing, run it for a month b4 dumping to ensure you get it all setup right. You don't have to use the physical wifi router at all the HTC wifi router will do you just fine in most cases... start with that for a month. If you can't get it setup right, fall back to TW.. Also, you don't need another TP2, just set yours to take incoming calls while using data (phone settings I think). If anything, get a cheap freebie phone & sign up for another line @ $10/mo just so you can make calls while surfing... otherwise depending on the type of plan you have you may have to pay for data on a third line as well.. cutting into your savings..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
ok um the winstart is not replacing the "panel" what am i doing wrong here...
Edit: Im a freakin moron!!!!! Fixed it! Nope, it started now it wont start again....
Try it in the order I stated as that's how i do it. Maybe u have a bunch other stuff, start with a new ROM. Also, I may have run CSM (as you know Compact Start Menu.. Energy's modded Quick Start) first and then used SMLS (Energy's "Start Menu Layout Switch" in settings) to change to Panel after that & then to Winstart... Try it & let me know. I have no issues at all...
Maybe your ROM/startmenu/sense replacement combo also, try what I'm using...

Last edited by teradog; 01-05-2011 at 07:23 PM.