View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
quick99si
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: just got a free airvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I had the airave before, its ok but overall it still sucked, I expect the airvana to be similar. Yes, you still get charged for minutes even though its really using your own internet. Also, you need to set it up so that only your phone number and people you know can use it, especially if you live in an apartment or else everyone near by can use it and it will slow down your internet connection.

If you download alot or stream netflix, the airrave/airvana will get missed/dropped/bad quality calls because of low bandwidth. I guess it better than nothing, but alot of times you get a false sense of confidence with these things.
QoS resolves the bandwidth issues. They also recommend putting the Airvana in front of the modem so it can reserve its own bandwidth, but 2 minutes of reading will get it done more effectively through your router. I personally have the Airvana, an Ooma line, 5 wireless devices, and two wired without any issues (torrent, XBOX Live, or idling) when using QoS.

As for being charged for minutes... well, where do you think that signal goes once it passes the Airvana and your internet connection? You're still on Sprint's network and you gots to pay :P There's an unlimited plan as well, but it's not free like the regular one obviously.