View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
mtnbkr
Lurker

mtnbkr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Lots of good stuff here mikedboyd! Although most stated before, compact & well said, some should go in faq... will try if time today..

When you say stealth tethering works fine... not for some apparently. What ROM are you on? Do you teather & if so do you do anything to the ROM you DL first? I use wifi myself & haven't used USB "tethering" for many months.. so don't know all the issues. I did try it out again, seemed to work fine, however it was disconnected by "Remote" party...

Thanks for listing the faq link

Lots of stuff about xml (email) backups, one I use I didn't see listed is ZBR, list in one of my sig links..

will change my sig faq to goto cdma faq instead of gsm energy faq today :>))
Thanks for all the info mikedboyd. I'm looking over the links carefully.

About tethering teradog, I have one of the Dec 27th builds. I can't tell you which exact one at the moment. I haven't tried any tethering so far since I've been too worried about getting caught. So I don't know if it will actually work or not. I want to wifi tether. I made no changes besides unclocking and flashing the rom. Should I just move ahead and try it out then? What's Wifi monster and Wifi router? Differences?

Should "phone as modem" be on or off to tether? I don't know if I'm supposed to change this.

In general, I don't know what many of the programs do and what comes installed when to flash the rom. If you can add something like that to the FAQ that would be useful. This might be available already and apologize in advance if I missed it. Searching is challenging and I can rarely find answers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.