View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
Arguing over *SLIGHTLY* better graphics is rather stupid if you ask me. These phones all have very close graphics. The ecosystem or the ability to create a difference in how one plays games is the key differator. No question that something like the PS3 has better graphics then all other game systems. That inevitably doesn't change the fact that the playing experience on the Wii and the online experience on the Xbox check the PS3 by far. Even with PS apps beginning to appear the whole concept behind gamer points really has people playing games for fun and bragging rights... hence why you see Google and Apple both trying to create a compelling gaming ecosystem to compete.
um..what?!??! its not "slightly" better..its HUGE difference...

The 2nd gen snapdragon is 2x more powerful GPU
The Hummingbird is paired with a 3-4x more powerful GPU

The 1st generation snapdragon is just outdated hardware..it was made in 2008...not to mention Qualcomm had issues when making it so I wouldn't bee surprised if its 4 years old...

Quote:
Also be advised that minimum specs are minimum specs not specs written in stone. New phones will probably be released at CES 2011 and I'd expect a minimum spec update for WP7 in the near future.
See there is a problem with that..M$ has been claiming how Android is "fragmented" and made a point that WP7 is not going to be...so now they are in a bind not to update the "minimum" for at least 1 year..maybe even 2 years...they completely messed themselves up..I mean they set a 1ghz minimum...but no minimum on GPU...this is what ultimately is going to hold WP7 back in gaming...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)