View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:22 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergdogg23 View Post
OMJ,
First please disregard my last post. I got confused with a theme, I always download the deodexed anyway but I am having a real problem.

I cant flash ANY rom. Everytime I try since I tried 4.4 it aborts automatically. I have never had issues in the past but now I cant even go backwards. Any ideas from anyone?
Based on your posts I assume you've been rooted awhile and have flashed ROMs before but just want to be crystal-what is your hardware version and what hboot are you on?
I ask because there are issues with the latest devices-004 hardware and 2.02/2.1 hboot.
For the rest of what I say I'll assume the above does NOT apply to you.

An inability to flash may indicate your recovery image got borked. If you cant flash ANY ROM or restore ANY Nand backup I'd start here.
If you are on Clockwork Mod recovery I'd suggest getting on amon RA-it's more reliable. If you are on amon you may want to consider reflashing the image.

Your SD card may be to blame. Before reformatting I'd just back it up and then wipe it clean and try to flash with nothing on the card but the ROM zip.
If that doesn't do it then I'd reformat.

I'm sure this aint it but I gotta ask--how are you wiping? Factory reset and dalvik? (I do each twice) I do those and then flash Calks Format All. It's overkill I know.

Good luck, hope this helps.