View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
obligatory post...
oh yes the device had issues and somehow it's my mental problem. Says the person that spells like a retarded 3 year old...

The lovely thing about wp7 is lcd is not the only screen (see samsung focus and dell venue pro). Just because some HTC devices have lcd and slcd, it also doesn't mean that s amoled goes without issues. With color gradients, s amoled performs POORLY with any graphics that have color gradients. typically battery with s amoled screens and wp7 is very poor (many have reported similar findings with android as well), so while the quality is crisp, there are SEVERAL sacrifices.

Third, while using a snapdragon processor, I have to say, graphically, wp7 has not given me any issues. AT ALL, and actually while giving me similar iphone graphics (heck it takes about 5 days to port an iphone program to wp7), I like that the zune experience, speed, and (I'll say it) eye candy makes me go back to it. The UX/UI is the thing that kept me going back.

Finally, I don't have an HTC wp7 device as my main driver =)
On Android we have Voodoo color fix for those that find colors an issue...we also have mods to lower minimum brightness as 0% is like 30% on lcd to save battery..

That said I personally think M$ messed up making the 1st gen snapdragon the minimum..they should have went 2nd gen...this is really going to cause issues for gamers as games have to comply to "minimum" specs..thus games would never be gimped in the long run until M$ raises minimum specs...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)