View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Count_Chockula
PPCGeeks Regular

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/21/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Quite a bit of info here to sort through, and I've been out of the loop on all this for months now. I rooted waaaay back when 2.2 first came out, and I've only done one update since, so I'm running HBOOT-0.79, and Build Number 3.26.651.6.

I'd like to give this a go, but when my phone reads the PC36IMG.zip file, it scans it, checks it, and then goes back to the bootloader prompts without an option to flash the update. What can I do to proceed with your ROM?
I'm going to guess that you are using something like ROM Manager to flash this update? I have found that this particular manager doesn't always work for the flashing of the PC file... and even the standalone version is a 50-50 shot. What I do is use this program to back up my current ROM. After that I shut the phone down completely and the press the power volume down button to get into the recovery. It should automatically start the boot process after that (provided that you have the file in at the root of the SD card). If it doesn't use the menu to start the flash... but make sure that you clean our the cash and dalvik before you do... other wise you might have problems. If you don't want to go with a fresh install, then you can do the standalone, but you will have to use the menu to "browse" to the file that you want to flash. Again, make sure that you clean out the cash's

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 12-30-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: for clearity