View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
drewcam888
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GSM network on rhodium 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
First, he said he is overseas, which means he doesn't have to be SIM unlocked. Second, he says the SIM cards work fine in WinMo, so they should work fine in CDMA as well.

The problem here is that the Android project has not reached the point where you can switch between CDMA and GSM. I have never tested using a GSM SIM card in my CDMA device, but I do know how rootfs checks and initializes the phone based on whether it is CDMA or GSM.

I would try removing the force_cdma option out of the startup line entirely and see if that works for you. I just don't know if anyone has gotten that to work yet or not.
You are incorrect sure. The sprint and verizon TP2 will not allow a foreign sim to be used without unlocking the sim slot. Verizon is easier to unlock since verizon provides the code free. The sprint phones require a new radio.