View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:20 PM
mstevens
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FM Radio FOR CDMA TP2 - NEED HELP FROM GSM ROM CHEFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
they do it because smartphones constantly transmit data
Since when is that true? Data transmission can easily be turned off.

Quote:
they do it so ppl won't have to pay data overage charges.
Oh, I'm pretty sure the carriers absolutely love data overage charges.

Quote:
if that was true then some carriers here wouldn't be discouraging the use of streaming services.
I think they discourage the use of streaming on unlimited data plans, since there's no money to be made and because THEY incur costs. I promise you they don't care about YOU incurring costs. They're in business to separate you from money. If you're not on an unlimited data plan and you're streaming, their stock price is going up.

The primary point, though, may not actually be streaming vs. FM radio. It's probably more to do with FM radio vs. selling you mp3 downloads from the Sprint Store. They most certainly do want to sell you lots and lots of music downloads, and free radio diminishes the need for those.

Quote:
there's plenty of ways to compensate for the lack of FM Radio on the TP2, use them and stop whining.
I don't have even the shadow of the tiniest interest in FM radio on my phone. I don't even use it in my car and can't imagine any real use for it on a phone.