View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:28 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GSM network on rhodium 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcuser12 View Post
Hi all,
I have Sprint TP2, but I am now traveling overseas and want to use the phone in GSM mode (with Android of course). I am unable to get any signal on the phone. I tried two different network sim cards and they work perfectly well in WM.

I have set hw.force_cdma=0 in the startup.txt

Does any one know what the problem might be? or this phone cannot work in GSM mode in android?

At this time I am more concerned with basic cellphone functions rather than data, although data would also be nice.

Thanks
Please post your entire startup.txt. I thought the command was just "force_cdma=X" as well...

Never tried to use GSM on the phone, so I'm not exactly sure what else you need to do other than change force_cdma to 0.