View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 Volume Increase

Puff-

I and another gentleman over at the CDMA Energy ROM thread tried out
your cab and WOW it is super duper loud for my needs Definitely works though, but I need it dialed down a bit.

Since you liked some of my XDA_UC mortscripts I previously posted... I'm in the process of working on a mscr script to handle this volume increase thing.

Currently it will:
1. dump existing registry entries that would be touched so it can be restored to the original settings. This will be considered the "BASELINE".
2. Updates or creates the registry entries from the current XML from the CAB file + a minor tweak from me to make the volume simulate a "Medium" level....

right now this is so I can do some quick tweaks without having to mess with the cab or a registry editor. I know I could easily just use the cab and recompile it if needed.

I am in the process of:

a. setup a "DEFAULT" settings that an end user can tweak if needed.
b. reviewing the setting differences between the LOUD, LOUDER, AND LOUDEST. I will provide a GUI to allow users to set which ones and will set the registry entries as needed. I will also provide a command line option so users can drop it in to their XDA_UC/S4X installs.
c. update the BASELINE handling to auto create the reg dump if one does not exist. eg, useful for XDA_UC installs.
d. potential item: include entries so both 6.5.x and older 6.x folks can use it

The only thing would be figuring out how to package this so the CSV is installed as well.

Let me know if this sounds interesting and I'll try to post an initial version sometime this weekend... depending on the holiday stuff with fam and friends.