View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:51 AM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
Memory Question.

I wonder if I am on the lower end of free memory. When I start up I have 62m free out of 185m. A few seconds later I am down to 57m and after a while running a few apps I am as low as 25m free. I checked the task manager and find the usual list but the one that stands out is gwes.exe at nearly 39986K Yikes seems a little high.

I am running Nov 25 sense 2.5 and cookie 2.0 Energy. I am going to bump up to the Dec 13th or 20th but still thought there was a memory leak somewhere??

What is the Dec 13th giving for free memory?
Unfortunately, I experience the same issue on 12/13 as you are stating. In fact, most of NRG's Cookie 2.0 ROM's have been pretty poor on memory management. I'm not sure if NRG just cooks too much stuff into the OS, or if Cookie 2.0 is just that bad at eating memory.

With that said, 12/13 is by far the best 6.5.X build I have seen lately, and I'd highly recommend updating to it if you can find the link. The new 28244 is a step backward in my opinion, and I find it really odd that NRG went back to that build after claiming it was horrible a month ago when he last used it. Not sure if he isolated what was causing it to have issues or what. I think 29005 was a great base, and I hope he gets a chance to move back to something similar in the future
This post has been thanked 1 times.