View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
djqwikcut
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/21/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseda86x View Post
I installed the all in one update as I do every time I update my roms as well as a full wipe. Swyoe will open it just wont let me swype and informs me that my beta is up. This is from the 12/16 rom. Im not too keen on updating again just for swype, but at this point, that seems like my only option

Sent from my Evo.
That is what happened to me when I installed a different Kernel. I do not want to switch to the new framework just to get swype working. I have searched all over the internet and this forum, tried the suggestion of uninstalling swype and the other file in under system/lib and then tried installing a new version. Every time I install it it FORCES CLOSE on both the swype settings and the main program when you long press and select your input method.

There isnt anything special about my ROM.. ITs basically SPRINT LOVERS from before the new framework and the new KERNEL that increases battery life. HOWEVER, I have had this issue with NOT being able to install updated swype since day 1 of sprint lovers rom. Always a force close.

Is there any resolution or am I just stuck without swype? I can use Unltra Keyboard but I like swype better..

Thanks....