View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
seripa
Lurker

seripa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

OK, so it seems I spoke too quickly about finding stuff in the /extended_ROM. I can't seem to get Sprint Music store working, I'm not 100% certain if I got java working or not. It seemed to be working, but I didn't have a java app to test with. I flashed to the unofficial sprint 3.16 rom and grabbed the java.lnk, jeodek.exe, jeodek.exe.0409.mui, jeodek-help.0409.htm, Music.exe, MusicStorePlugin.dll from the /Windows directory, and the Java.lnk and Music.exe from /Window/Start Menu/Programs dir so I would have any links I needed. The java app will start and looks correct, I can tell it to search for files to install.

When I try to start music.exe it runs, the screen flashes, then the program dies. I'm guessing it's trying to kick off a java app and I'm missing the app. I searched the 3.16 rom for a jukebox.jar and jukebox.jad but was unable to find anything like this. I did find a jukebox.lnk in /Windows but it just points to jeodek.exe. I found a jukebox.jad posted in the forums and tried loading that, but the accompanying jukebox.jar could not be found. Some one also posted a jukebox.jar for the titan, but it is an old version. It runs correctly but tells me to update when I access the music store. When I try to update it downloads jukebox.jad, and then presents me with a login page. Sometimes I can't get past the login page (I use my sprint number/pw combo) and sometimes it just grinds for forever - it looks like it's trying to access the pc version from the url. Either way, the java app never stops running unless I kill it. I tried manually installing the jukebox.jad thinking it would point to the download location of jukebox.jar, but the install fails saying it was unable to download. I checked the jad and it is looking the file locally.

If someone could help me get the sprint music store working I would be very greatful. I really prefer the nuerom over the 3.16 rom, but am hoping to not have to give up the sprint music store.