View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Anyone overclocked their TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I've overclocked my TP2 and it made a notable improvement on playing back a video and some other things.

I have a high bit rate video on my flash card(a kids video to keep my little girl happy) playing back with media player will cause it to studder and be choppy (almost unwatchable), after overclocking to 756mhz or 806mhz, the video will play back perfect, no sudder or choppyness.

Other times with some HD games designed for the HD2, I can get a semi-ok running game running pretty good with overclocking.

If you think you'll over clock and your phone will become a HD2 (1ghz CPU about same size screen), it's not going to happen but, if there is a app that just runs a little too slow, it will help. It will even help the OS speed but, very little.

DOn't be greedy with speeds, with the good there is some bad, if you over do it too much, you'll notice more lockups, just lower the speed and test, there is a happy medium.

I posted in the overclocking thread about my settings, it did help...
The TP2 and HD2 have a SIGNIFICANT screen size difference, and as you mention, the QSD 1ghz chip cannot even be compared to weak one they chose to use in the TP2 (528mhz).

I have heard good things about using O/C on the TP2, hell, I even O/C my HD2 sometimes when playing like Final Fantasy 8 for instance at times.

Just try it out and see how well your device performs.