View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:53 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Maurice, whenever you get a chance, would you mind a quick explanation of what changes you've made in regards to tinboot and how you've combined ext2 and data.img into the rootfs? Is it just copying all of the files from kernel, ext2 into rootfs, then genext2?

I also think that combining modules with kernel would be best since they need to be replaced at the same time anyway. So we would have initrd.gz, rootfs, and the kernel/modules basically doing away with system.ext2 and data.img. This would make it so we can do update.zip to update just the kernel/modules

Also, I updated the first post on making the rootfs and modifying tinboot2.S for everyone else. If you have any suggestions or improvements, please let me know. This stuff is a hobby for me, and I know I'm not an expert in this area. I am always open to being schooled
This post has been thanked 2 times.