Thread: Next Mobile OS?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Next Mobile OS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton View Post
Andriod - I'mn dual booting it right now and apart for the number of apps I don't care for it. It lacks the basic functions That i use all the time in winmo.
As the guy before me stated..a port is no where close to true representation of Android...

Quote:
Windows 7 - han't used it but it seems vastly different than 6.5
Yes its a completely different OS...

Quote:
tethering via usb, Bluetooth or wifi depending on the situation, all for no extra fee or extra apps* (wifi is from htc)
The HTC wifi tether did not come from the TP2, it came from the Topaz, people just included it in custom roms..ICS was locked by default...There are plenty of apps on android to make it tether all ways once you root...(2.2 came with it by default but carriers removed it as always)

Quote:
Spreadsheets, I use excel on my phone to keep track of gas purchases I don't want to have to loose or re-enter all that data.
There are plenty of implementations of office for Android, Androffice, Documents to Go, Thinkfree..my Epic came with Thinkfree office by default.

Quote:
E-mail, I like hows it's nicely separated by account and has exchange support that i use with my school's email system.
Not a problem, and if you dont like the default email client, unlike winmo there are actually decent alternative email clients...

Quote:
Calendar, again it's exchange support, i enter it on the phone or computer and volia it gets updated to tinehe other no manual syncing or extra programs needed
Also not a problem..

Quote:
Contacts, see calendar
same, not a problem..

Quote:
web browsing - opera does everything fine no gripes
We have many choices for web browsers, including Opera, Firefox and Skyfire..

Quote:
suggestions? Honestly I just want a faster winmo 6.5 phone
I think you should give Android a shot, there are faster winmo phones ofcourse like the LG Fathom and HD 2..but trust me if you try an Epic for example..there is no going back..its that sweet >.> lol

If you want to stay with USCC, then Samsung Mesmerize is the cousin to the Epic..

PS dont take using extra apps outside of the default as a bad thing..everyone has their preferences and thats where choice comes in...just like you choose to use Opera over IE on winmo

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)