View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
john80hotkey
PPCGeeks Regular

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Next Mobile OS?

you really should use a REAL android phone and not just the dual boot port on your tp2 before you really pass judgement as far the what OS to use out of the ones you named I would go with andriod. I have owned an EVO but im back on my tp2 it does what I need for now and will wait for something else to come along. as far as the functionality you are looking for its all there in android spreadsheet and doc editing can be accomplished with google docs. tethering can be accomplished for free after rooting with wifi tether or similar option, but hey even winmo needed a few registry tweaks and cabs to accomplish this. email is seperated by accounts gmail, yahoo, etc. cant comment on exchange never used it. I know it does support microsoft exchange just dont know how effectively it does. lastly the android stock browser is extremely good .. just as good as opera and I wouldn't worry so much about that Im pretty sure opera is working on a solution for andriod now. plus the ability to run flash video on 2.2 and up versions of android. 6.5 is a dead dino that we are keeping resurrected as soon as wp7 drops for cdma development we almost cease on 6.5 there will be die hards but understand no operating system out is as old or mature as windows 6.5 iphone and android are developing rapidly so in just a little more time there won't be anything one can do over the other. but if you are determined to stay with 6.5 get a HD2 from tmobile has the beefed up specs of the latest phone but kept the 6.5 software