View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 PM
tiad8
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.19 3d package with better performance for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
I'm having a hard time in following the instructions. So I'm using FRX03 by Reefermatness as the baseline. It creates a folder "andboot" under the SD card. So I extracted the 3D PACKAGES PLUS PERFORMANCE.12.19.zip file and placed bootanimation.zip, build.prop, initrd.gz, modules*.tar.gz, rootfs.img, STARTUP.TXT, ts-calibration, and zImage into my SDcard/andboot (this is the root, as respect to what Linux sees when I boot, correct?). I then replace the froyo.user.conf in SDcard/andboot/conf with the one in the zip file. OK, which driver do I use to put in the SDcard/andboot: 11.26 or 11.29? Is the FRX03 posted by Reefermatness considered an old or new kernel update?
1- It creates a folder "andboot" under the SD card. to make this easier. take everything from andboot and just put every file in root sd card. meaning no andboot. just root sd card.

2- delete from your startup rel_path=andboot. or use my startup.
3- I then replace the froyo.user.conf in SDcard/conf?. yes
4-which driver do I use to put in the SDcard. 11.26 you can use it with the package kernel. 11.26 won't work with the new kernels updates you will get a lots of flickering. 11.29 you can use it with all the new kernel updates.? with 11.26 or 11.29 you will get different performance. with 11.26 21 fps 640 this best for anything that use 3d it fast. yes yu will get slow score. with 11.29 22 fps 675. with this driver you will not get flickering. the problem about this driver, is that anything that use 3d it a little bit slow. but overrall for all the future kernel updates we need to use this one.

right now im using 11.26. it just perform better for me. hope this help.
good luck. thanks

Last edited by tiad8; 12-19-2010 at 09:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.